Sunday, July 7, 2013

Water Splashes



The house is quiet except for the blessed hum of the air conditioner. Everyone else has gone to bed as I wait for Nolan to be dropped off from his day at Funtown/Splashtown with Ryan Morrill.
Atira, Tell and I participated in a much less expensive way to cool off last night. The event actually began as a civilized VBS Appreciation cookout.









     


Thanks to some pictured below, however, it soon deteriorated into an all out water fight. I'm quite certain that the first splash originated from the styrofoam cup in Greg's hand.














 I will admit that things may have escalated after Peg and I stood behind James Pray and casually poured the water from our cups down his neck.






And then to the delight of the kids, the Hodgdon hose was wielded.



















By far, the funniest sight to me was Tell chasing after Big James to soak him with his little cup.
This was after James had drenched Tell's head under the water cooler.




Generally kind-hearted, in matters of combat James shows no mercy. Tell learned this when his wet clothes became muddy clothes as James rolled him in the dirt.


























Eventually we traded water for fire and settled down for some S'mores around the blaze.



























Of course, the perfect ending of the day for Atira was a pink sunset which she captured going over the Kennebec on the car ride home.


















And perfectly timed, Nolan has walked through the door as I finish the last of my post and I can now hit the sack.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States