Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red-White-Blue

Unfortunately my Independence Day began with some red. They were the shards of plastic from my van taillight after I backed into Jim's truck in our driveway this morning.



Thankfully, the day only improved. We missed the Foreman's company at the parade but still appreciated the use of their driveway for easy parking.


The family and Aunt Suci waited at the courthouse corner watching for Nolan to appear in his white gi with the other students from Five Elements Mountain dojo.



The parade finished, Jim and the kids headed over to the Morrill's. Suci and I picked up Nolan and back at the house, loaded our working lawnmower onto the truck to bring to Dad. Wanting to rest in a cool house, Suci stayed behind while Nolan and I made our delivery before driving to Bowdoinham. Don was the lone Fisher representative and carried out his responsibility of annoyance perfectly.



The bickering between Don and I is always at least slightly amusing and Mike frequently comments that he is pulling up a chair and grabbing the popcorn. Today was no exception and Mike was heard to say, "Wait, can you hear that?, it's the sound of my truck delivering my movie theatre popcorn!" What we did hear near the end of the day was the rumbling of distant thunder. Luckily, the blue water of the pool had already refreshed everyone on this hot July 4th.







Even I got a splash of water and was able to capture Jubal's guilty face afterward.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States