Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Life Lessons From A Daylily

I love to have gardens and plants in the yard but I am horrible at maintaining them so the hardier the specimen, the better. That is why daylilies and I are great friends. The clump in my garden had become too big, so last fall I divided some out. Instead of carefully replanting them elsewhere I lazily tossed the plant near the edge of the woods and said, "If it grows, it grows..."
Sure enough, that tough plant took root and blossomed beautifully. I've heard the saying, "Bloom where you're planted." many times but sometimes this sinful world is not kind, we're not always carefully planted and nurtured by others and conditions are rarely ideal so, maybe, the example of my daylily would be better. "Bloom where you're tossed."




Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States