Thursday, July 11, 2013

Practice Makes Pretty Good

I always appreciate my friend Sandy's musical leadership at church but never more than in the summers which can leave our music team pretty sparse at times. With the Foremans and Browns gone last week, Greg and myself were the leads. Greg learned guitar not long ago and with his diligent practice and the AWANA kids as guinea pigs for a couple years his playing has significantly improved. (It could also be that I've learned to follow his playing very well....) We are used to leading at AWANA and the occasional youth event but leading the whole congregation was uncharted waters. We made sure to choose the songs that we had chosen for Adventure Camp and had been practicing for months. When Sunday arrived, thankfully Nicole, Sammy and Duane were able to follow our less than perfect way of doing things and I think it went well.

This coming Sunday's group of songs required two practices, one of which Don decided to crash....always an encouragement to whatever I happen to be doing....ahem.








Greg picked one of the songs, Shout To The Lord, because both he and Jen really like it and it has been known to bring her to tears. I hope if that happens this Sunday, Jen's tears will be because of the lyrics and not our poor attempt at leading worship!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States