Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Day in Quotes

Lots and lots of laundry before and after lunch. I asked each of the kids to bring me their hampers and Nolan was the first to obey, dropping it at my feet in the laundry room.
"Here's the green container of the wearable fabric we call clothes."

For lunch, the kids wanted Mac and Cheese. Nolan was in charge of cooking it but was unsure if it was quite finished so Jubal called me over to the stove.
"Mom, you're going to have to check it because you're the cooking expert in this house unfortunately."

I had kids in and out if my room all day while I folded and hung clothes and filled a couple Goodwill bags. All but Jubal came down several times, plopping themselves on the bed and chatting for a minute or two. It was rather nice. In Tell's case he always had his latest Lego project in his hands. On one occasion I was asked, "Mom, What's a kissabob?" I was stumped. "A kissabob?"



As he showed me two Lego mini figs connected by a rod and held vertically, he proudly announced "Yeah, because I made a Lego mini fig kissabob." Ahhhhh. The visual was the key for me. "You mean 'shish kebab'! "

At bedtime, as we neared the end of Dr. Suess' 'Mr.Brown Can Moo, Can You?' Tell and I read the line:
...he can even make a noise like a goldfish kiss!
Well, Tell is "not much of a kisser." as he often reminds me so I was not surprised at his response. "Why would they put the word kiss in a kids book? I mean, seriously!"








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States