Monday, March 16, 2009

Ohio Happenings

Day 10 Michigan/Indiana Trip

First leg back home, which included Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and ended here in Batavia NY. In Ohio the state troopers were out in full force and I was pulled over (this is becoming a habit) because the cop saw that I had swerved quickly in and out of my lane. My explanation to him?
Yeah. A kids in the car thing.
He let me go with an admonition to let my passenger worry about those things and concentrate on the road. About a half hour later brake lights warned of an incident ahead. There was a truck pulled over and the driver was hopping out. At the same time, in the lane beside me, there was a young deer that was trying to get up. He clearly had been hit by the truck and his hind leg was unusable. It was very sad. I'd like to think that he did survive and was taken to an animal rehabilitation place.

I talked to Jim very briefly tonight. They were on their way to the airport in Sydneyand will be in the air by about 1:15 this morning. I will pick them up at Logan in Boston at the end of tomorrow's journey, midnight on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States