Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Butterflies, Bananas and Bad Cameras


Day 1-2 Michigan/Indiana Trip


We noticed a pool of anti-freeze under our car about mid day. I topped off the overflow tank and we watched the temperature the remainder of the day, not noticing any overheating. We made it to Buffalo the first day and hunkered down at a Red Roof Inn. I navigated through the downpour and lightning with Garmin's help and returned with Subway supper for all. A guy from the party next door attempted to enter our room. The drenched desk clerk brought us extra towels and shampoo so we didn't have to go out in the driving rain. We awoke the next morning to my car honking and lights blinking outside the motel door, but no pool of anti-freeze.


We enjoyed a leisurely late Sunday breakfast at IHOP and then entered Canada not even having to show our birth certificates, so much for border safety. We spent about an hour at the Niagara Butterfly Conservatory, which I highly recommend. Atira and Tell both loved the smaller butterflies but Tell was quite scared of the big blue ones that would dip and dive with one another in groups of three or four. Some butterflies were eating bananas, which I pointed out to Tell. His response was, "Momma, thas jes weird." My camera took about 6 photos and then quit working. We made a quick stop at the Falls, took some photos of a lot of mist and then Mom lost her camera. Four and 1/2 hours later, we crossed back into the U.S. at Port Huron and stopped to see my Uncle Larry and Aunt LaDona. By 9:30 at night we were back in the car and headed 45 minutes away to my Uncle Terry and Aunt Kathy's. Did I mention we have a 7 and 3 year old in all this? They got to bed at 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States