Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beach Bums



I just finished a video chat with shirtless Jim again. They had recently returned from the bakery and grabbing some fish 'n chips. I must admit to a bit of envy. Every town, no matter how small has a bakery, and they are fabulous! As I write this, they are heading to...........you guessed it, THE BEACH......again. Since they arrived in Yamba they've managed a minimum of one daily visit. Jim said the boys absolutely love the water with it's huge waves. They can't believe how warm the water is. Having cut their teeth on the Northern Atlantic beaches, which even on a summer day can numb your ankles, this is quite understandable. On the day these photos were taken they saw a turtle about 16 inches across. The view of the shore is from the Yamba breakwall.

Though not as exciting as Australia, The stateside portion of the family have their own trip planned. We will be traveling to Michigan and Indiana in two days. It has been about three years since I've been able to get out there and I will enjoy seeing Mom's side of the family again. Atira is very excited about the trip, and clearly not a procrastinator like myself, as she has been packed for the past day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States