Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not Doing So Well

I woke this morning with the beginnings of a cold and it took hold as the day progressed. I managed to get only a couple hours of schooling in before calling it a day and comforting myself with some chicken noodle soup and fresh, warm, homemade bread.

Though I felt progressively worse as the hours passed, my day did not end as badly as it did for one of the chipmunks that resides in my yard. I noticed, when returning home from Atira's soccer practice, that the back door had been left open all afternoon. This happens frequently and I've often thought that it's surprising that we don't get wild animals wandering into the house. Well, tonight we did. As I walked into the downstairs bathroom I thought that someone had neglected to flush the toilet but upon closer scrutiny, it was in fact a poor little chipmunk who had drowned in my toilet. I'll pass on showing a photo of that one.......

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States