Friday, September 23, 2011

I Get the Message

After my last post I realized that my toilet bowl chipmunk had entered the house with a friend. The next day, in an attempt to fight off my cold, I took an afternoon nap and was disturbed in my bedroom by the second rodent as he scrambled onto my cedar chest just under the window. I suspected he saw the great outdoors and was longing for freedom. I opened my ground level window and the back door while closing access to the rest of the house, in hopes that he would find his way out. I believe my plan worked. I haven't seen or heard him for a couple days. I wonder if he left a "Rodent Vacancy" sign on my house as he left? That very same night I spotted a cute little mouse scampering across the mud room floor by the back door. Cute or not, I set the traps, baiting them with a bit of granola bar. These are a completely enclosed trap, designed so I don't have to see the poor dead creature when the deed is done. I went to bed, hoping to be rodent-free by morning. Peering into the trap opening in the morning, I did indeed see something......mouse droppings. What is the mouse trying to tell me about my useless traps when not only does he eat all my granola bar, but then poops on the trap before he leaves? I get the message....crappy trap.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. "crappy trap" = HAhahahahahaha!

    I hope you feel better SOON!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States