Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Favorite Season


What a great start to the Patriot's 2011-2012 season! The Monday Night Football opener against the Dolphins produced a (franchise) record-breaking 517 passing yards for Brady and made for a cheerful Tuesday wake-up for me. As I drove past the church at 7:15 am, after dropping Jubal and Nate off at the Brown's, I left a short note in the church office door for my pastor. He grew up in Florida and Miami is his team. This has naturally produced a friendly football rivalry between us. My note basically stated the following:

Pastor Blundell,
I thought you might be feeling a bit sad this morning after last night's game so I thought that I would write and encourage you by telling you how happy I am!
Your friend (even through football season),
Rachelle

This afternoon's home opener at Gillette, against whiny Phillip Rivers and the Chargers, was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


What fun to watch big Vince Wilfork's tip, interception and slow sprint down the field and the Pat's Defense prevent a San Diego score on a 4th and goal...I feel a winning momentum for this season in New England!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States