Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bug-Mania

Our usual schedule was modified this morning and instead of needing to be out the door at 6:00 with only Jubal, I had to have all four ready to leave as the sun rose. This way I could head straight to Wiscasset after dropping the sophomore off in Alna and avoid backtracking. The Maine State Museum was hosting Bug-Mania and Nicole Viele had signed us up to be there around 9:00 to avoid the rush of school kids that would surely descend by mid-morning. There were exhibits from many groups, businesses and individuals.They included spiders, beetles, a scorpion, butterflies,



moths, walking sticks, bees (not my favorite), water bugs, bug-consuming birds and animals, jewelry and art pieces made from bugs (a common housefly!), and even an opportunity to write with a feather pen using ink created with insect gall. (I smell an art/science project). Once the hordes arrived via bus, the exhibits became too crowded, the museum became too warm, and Tell became too crabby. It was time to leave. We stopped at the playground in Wiscasset to eat our lunches, then arrived back at the Viele's to find the box of Dunkin' Donuts that Greg Hodgdon had left in the garage for the kids. I know the young ones enjoyed their field trip; I hope they learned some new information about the insect world. What I learned today is that my vehicle is not safe from Greg anywhere in the MidCoast region.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States