Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ending A Superb Summer

The end of summer should smell of freshly grilled food and bring to your ears the laughter of great friends. The last two weekends have done just that. The cookout with the Buxton Crowd last Friday night was conveniently within one day of my birthday. Being both a fabulous host and best friend, she presented me with a whoopie pie cake ablaze with curvy candles and I enjoyed hearing a hearty rendition of "Happy Birthday". I quickly joined in, singing "Happy Birthday to Me", which is much less embarrassing than having people stare and sing at you. The only thing wrong with the evening was the absence of Nicki and Jeremy Redlon who were celebrating Brandon's birthday.




Today's cookout, in good Maine fashion, involved lobster, (I opted for steak), corn on the cob, some blueberry cake and of course, ended with S'mores. The Hodgdon's hosted and the diverse crowd came. There were the quiet and the loud.....(actually a lot of us are loud), the witty and sarcastic, the listeners and the talkers (guess which one Jim is), the observers and the entertainers, those that are kind-hearted and those that fling water and shoot lobster claw bands (you know who you are)....and I love that I ended my summer with all of them.












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States