Sunday, September 1, 2013

The 40 Finale

My week of celebrating 40 ended with my party last night. The Battys arrived about a half an hour earlier than the designated time, coming straight from Bill's steel drum band gig. He immediately made himself at home, discreetly creating havoc on my Facebook account.





I really don't need a pink drumset, a friend with a bright orange shirt or a strapping tiler. When I finally saw "my" status later in the evening I knew who had messed with it. Bill is a drummer, so of course the drumset was a clue, but "strapping tiler" is what he has jokingly called Jim for years. He works with computers so several years ago, during one of our visits, he messed around so that when you googled "strapping tiler", Gilbert Tile Installation was the first hit. Yep. I knew it was him.

The Morrills arrived in a timely fashion. I knew they would because Heidi had to head out fairly early in order to be up at 2:30 in the morning to make "melt in your mouth" Frosty's donuts.







The Buxton Crowd (minus the camping Redlons) mostly arrived on time and the Foremans and Hodgdons came later.





Sue and Sandy, who both have twin boys, met and clicked like old friends. It was fun to have my friend groups mixed together and meeting one another. I'm so thankful for all of them taking the time to hang out with me for a bit and make my 40th very special.















Before the Battys left, we made sure to enjoy the cake she made for me. It was my traditional crumb-topping blueberry cake that I love. No one wanted a scented votive candle on top so I just held a lighter over the cake while my group of largely musically talented friends sang a perfectly harmonized version of "Happy Birthday". (I also sang along because it was less embarrassing that way.)







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with lots of friends! By the way... you captured Mr. Foreman so well in that picture above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN actually hear him saying that! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States