Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Just Go With The Flow of Water

At the end my party, spur of the minute plans were made for us to spend Sunday evening tenting and relaxing with the Brunks around Greg's handmade firepit. By the end of Sunday afternoon the group coming over for the evening had expanded to include the Raymonds and Pendletons as well.





It felt like a smaller version of the previous night's party, this time with Mosquitos, sparklers and a tent with the rain fly just sort of thrown on.







That last one mentioned was of great significance when the heavens opened up in a downpour with thunder and lightning after midnight. Jim and Jubal had stayed up later and slept in the house and I thought maybe we should do the same. I began waking up Nolan and Tell to go inside. Atira was already awake and discovered that the tent was leaking. By the time we bolted inside, there was already a pool of water at the entrance. The sunken, water-logged tent was quite a hilarious sight in the morning.







Before leaving Buxton we stopped to visit my grandparents. Although we missed Papa, who was running an errand, we were glad to have the whole family visiting Bau Bau at once. It had been a long while.


Jim and I ended his Labor Day break together with a shopping trip to Freeport. I found the $80 backpack that I wanted for Jubal for only $25 at the L.L. Bean Outlet. Those kind of bargains make my day! Jim also took a wander through the British Goods store and was excited to pick up a small jar of Vegemite to replace the previously consumed one. I was not nearly as excited about this find.








- Posted using BlogPress from Ro's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States