Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One More Week In My Thirties

I'm counting down to 40. There is still a week to go but my first birthday card arrived in the mail. It was from Jim's parents in Australia. Jim's mom always hand paints a card for each of us on our birthday. We have accumulated quite a collection of mini paintings over the years and I'm very thankful for a mother-in-law that takes the time and effort to prepare a unique birthday wish each year.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. SO nice!!! I've been seeing your birthday posts but haven't had a chance to wish you a VERY belated happy 40th birthday Rachelle!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tracy. I feel like you sent me a card as well because the card that the Hodgdons gave me was made using one of your beautiful "imperfect" photographs that you give to Phyllis for her card-making......small world :)

      Delete
  2. That's too funny about the Phyllis card!!! She wasn't supposed to tell anyone about the "imperfect" ones. :) I knew she would be able to cut them up and use them better than I could. I took a personality test for one of my classes and I have ZERO creative skills. It feels good to not beat myself up for that anymore. Anyway, enough about me... I'm glad I could have a part of your birthday by proxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never want to get Phyllis in trouble! She did tell me in the bowels of her stamping room, surrounded completely in secrecy :) you may not be able to "create" on your own but I enjoy your skill of capturing in pictures what God has created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't get Phyllis in trouble. I was joking. Tone of voice is a bit difficult to convey in a blog comment. :) Thank you for your compliments, Rachelle. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States