Friday, August 9, 2013

80's Television Flashback

Gloomy gray skies and the drizzle of rain on the rooftop made for a perfect movie day. I took the self-proclaimed 3 Musketeers (Tell, Ben and Zack) along with Atira to see Smurfs 2. It fulfilled the requirements for entertaining three young boys and therefore I consider it a watchable movie but I always wonder why people try to take a good thing and redo it. I enjoyed the Smurfs cartoons as a child but do we need two movies about them? Was there a need to redo Looney Tunes? They were funny, and clever enough to watch over and over. You could just say I'm nostalgic except for the fact that even 7 year old Tell agrees that the new ones are not worth watching. There not even remotely funny. It's the Classic ones for him. So, being in that 80's flashback frame of mind, when my phone rang this afternoon, blaring out the Magnum P.I. opening theme song, I knew it was time for a Magnum Marathon.






Can we get through all 8 seasons before Jubal up and moves away? We shall see. We watched the first two episodes tonight and the most striking thing that Jim and I noticed was how old all the cars looked to us. It will most certainly be an 80's education for the kids.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States