Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winter Blitz and Worn Bearings


I've finally uploaded my photos from Winter Blitz to Facebook. I took them with my new iPhone app, Hipstamatic, that my photographer friend Chris Fawkes alerted me to. It's been interesting switching between the films and lenses to find the different effects. I found that I like photographing subjects close up with the "accidental photo" feel that it gives. That is quite appropriate, as any of these photos that came out well were almost completely by accident!

Winter Blitz, is a kid's weekend retreat at Camp Good News that Jim and I look forward to each year. We enjoy the investment into the lives of the children and of course the shared laughter with friends that we don't see nearly enough. Jubal and Nolan have been many times but this was Atira's first year. She loved it! Tell stayed back home and hardly missed us, relishing having his Mimi (my Mom) to himself.

Our van had been making increasingly loud clunking and rattling sounds so we thought it best not to use it make the trip up to Camp for the weekend. As it turns out, it was a very wise choice. We picked it up tonight after leaving it at the garage for repairs and not only were the wheel bearings on both sides VERY dangerously worn but the brakes are working much nicer also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States