Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pushing the Limits of Poor Planning

With the two youngest in tow, I ventured out into yesterday's frigid morning to run my errands. I knew that I was quite low on gas but never imagined HOW low my reserve was. With snow crunching under the tires, I drove to the end of our gravel road. As I turned my left indicator on, I began to feel the engine losing some power, like it wanted to stall. "I'm gonna run out of gas....." was my thought as I quickly made the left hand turn onto State Road (Witch Spring Rd). I prayed that I would make it to the New Meadows Market about a mile away. The thought of walking back to the house in the bitter cold with an eight and four year old was not very appealing. I was relieved as the gas station came into view. With brakes applied, I neared the middle pump. I was preparing to come to a complete stop but as it turned out, there was no need. As the van's gas tank came parallel to the pump nozzle my engine gave one last gasp and stalled. "No way....That's funny..... It would not have been funny a minute ago, but it is now." I'm quite sure God has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States