Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tell's Creatures

Some are small and fragile like the wounded butterfly that fluttered from foot to foot at Katie's party....




Some are used in expressions from Tell, such as, "I'm so hot I feel like a cooked chicken!" This was said while Jim and I chatted, in the very warm sun, with Charlene (Tracy) whom I had met again after 20 years. Not long after that, we headed home, encountering the last two creatures of the day.




Some seem out of place like the flock of seagulls sitting in a Yarmouth open field nowhere near the ocean. As Tell noted as we drove past them, "Now there's something you don't see everyday."


And finally, some just make us scream in fright. That's what happened at about ten o'clock this evening when Tell came up the stairs and encountered a baby northern ring-neck snake on the second step.



Jubal picked it up for us and it's currently sitting in a plastic container on our counter so the others can see it in the morning before we let it go. This is the third time in four years that we've had one of those baby snakes on the upper level of our house. (I blogged about the first time in a post called 'The Visitor")The other two times we found them in the bathroom which is a few feet from the stairs. I'd like to know the "why" of that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States