Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Seaweed City

Yesterday's start to my 2013 beach season coincided with a King Tide caused by the Supermoon. Normally the laggers, Annah and I (with the Foreman kids in tow as well) arrived first to Crescent Beach within 30 seconds of each other. I'm inclined to believe this could only have been a result of the super lunar activity. Descending from the boardwalk, we found our normally expansive area of sand was greatly reduced.



Checking with the lifeguards before we set up camp, Annah discovered that there was still about an hour before high tide. This tide had brought with it an unusual amount of seaweed and ocean debris as well. This was evident later in the day on my bathroom floor after Tell's swim trunks had been removed.


Despite the kids looking like the Creature from the Black Lagoon each time they emerged from the surf, it was a great day in Cape Elizabeth.



I even managed to provide Alyssa with a potential picture for her non-existent Facebook profile.......will we ever see it?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States