Saturday, June 15, 2013

Final Finish Line

Coastal Running Club had their final race today at Twin Brook Rec. Facility in Cumberland this afternoon. Jim and Jubal worked a half day at a job nearby and met us there. While the Bath team warmed up, the tired pair found a spot on the gently sloping hill above and sprawled out, baseball caps over faces, waiting for the event to begin.




A Cross-Country meet is one of those events in which you wait two hours for a race that's over in less than ten minutes.





Both Atira and Tell ran well. Tell was happy to have beaten seven other runners, instead of only one like the last time he raced on this course. I understand his frustration, since I consistently placed in the bottom 10 during my Cross-Country days. My elementary school best friend, Gracie can attest to this as she was often keeping me company at the back of the pack. That experience of bringing up the rear has always prompted me to stay by the sidelines cheering on those last runners. I remember that it's tough to keep going when you know the field is empty behind you.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States