Thursday, August 19, 2010

Want A Lick?


I received this photo tonight from my friends Peg McConnell and Greg Hodgdon along with their respective families. It came with the accompanying text, "Want a lick?" They are very aware of the fact that I do not even eat or drink after my own husband, so I'm absolutely not licking an ice cream cone after these two. As a matter of fact I had this very discussion with some of my Buxton friends last night when Heather asked to try my blackberry lemonade. I don't know what my facial reaction looked like but it clearly communicated that I would not be party to such an event. Just a couple weeks ago, I took Atira and Tell to get an ice cream and was trying to show Tell how to turn the cone while licking the bottom of the ice cream to keep it from dripping. Try demonstrating that to a toddler without ACTUALLY licking his cone. It's not as easy as it sounds.

So to answer Greg and Peg.......

THOUGH CONE BE SWEET
WITH ICE CREAM THICK,
IF TONGUE HAS TOUCHED,
I'LL TAKE NO LICK.

2 comments:

  1. "I do not even eat or drink after my own husband..."

    Um, do you kiss him? I'll go out on a limb and say "yes." What's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Bill, you have hit upon THE MOST ASKED QUESTION regarding this subject. The simple answer is this:
    From one, I derive much pleasure, from the other, simply spit.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States