Thursday, August 19, 2010

Painting





Jim's mum spent some time oil painting outside with Atira and Nolan this afternoon. Nolan finished a western cabin scene with a mountain backdrop, while Atira's canvas has the beginnnings of a vase with flowers. Hers has yet to be completed. Tell joined in, painting watercolor fish in a highly impressionist style. Lyn is taking time to teach them oil paint techniques and skills during their painting sessions, so we are likely to see improvement in the paintings that follow.

I had planned on going tomorrow evening down to Portland to meet Heather, Alyssa, Nicki and Annah at 7pm for a pedicure, but as it turns out it was tonight and I missed it! Nicki called at seven to see how close I was.......hmmm.....I was home, so......not very close. So much for smooth, fresh feet and painted toes. 40 minutes later I did meet them for a bit of shopping and dessert at Ruby Tuesday's, however, so the night was not a complete loss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States