Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Day Out With Thomas





  • The family, minus Jubal, pleasantly avoided the peak Wiscasset traffic and arrived around 11 to spend the day at the Boothbay Railway Village. The Village is hosting "A Day Out With Thomas", or as Tell calls it, "The Thomath Fethtival". Besides all the activity stations for the kids, the village also has an extensive collection of antique automobiles and machinery to keep the adult interest. The highlight was, of course, riding on the narrow gauge train, pulled by none other than Thomas the Tank Engine himself. I didn't see Tell exhibit any large bursts of enthusiasm during the lengthy ride and I wondered if he was perhaps a bit bored. My thinking was corrected, however, at the completion of the journey. Tell stood up in the carriage and matter of factly stated, "That wath fun. I love Thomath." No fanfare, just the simple toddler truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States