Saturday, August 21, 2010

From One Thing To The Next




I waited up until Jubal arrived home from the seventh and final week of CGN, putting me in bed at midnight only to be up again and on the road to Waldoboro by 8 this morning. After an obligatory Dunkin' Donuts stop, I arrived only slightly late for the Coastal Christian work day, where I had the privilege of, among other things, cleaning bathrooms with Don and Nate Fisher. Jim said he's sorry he missed that episode. Shortly after eleven, I headed home via Damariscotta, stopping at a veggie stand that my friend Liz Brown tends, to visit for a bit. Not only was it an enjoyable chat, but I couldn't resist picking up some fresh cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce, corn on the cob and farm fresh eggs. Isn't summer lovely? Except for the Wiscasset weekend traffic.....that I could do without. It was my companion for much too long today, but the family held lunch for me and I arrived home to enjoy it with them, complete with homemade bread....mmmmm. With the men refueled and ready to work, I headed downstairs to dictate the light, switch and outlet placement for our bedroom project. The last thing on the Saturday agenda was to check out the Outdoor Arts Festival in Brunswick with Lyn, Nolan and Atira. Weaving through the booths lining Maine Street, we saw woodturning, stone carvings, music, textiles, photography, spinning and a vast array of ink and painting styles. Nolan was particularly interested in one booth filled with the Pop Art style so I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out in his next painting. We ended the day back at a wood turning booth purchasing a beautiful pen for Dad. Nolan thought he might enjoy a "welcome home from camp" gift. A long day is complete and sleep beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States