Friday, December 18, 2009

Where Do They Go?


What is missing from this photo? No, not Jim's hair, although a case could be made for that. I am referring to the three hanging stockings on the fireplace. When I unpacked the Christmas decorations I found the two stockings on the left, Atira and Nolan's. The train stocking I just bought for Tell last week. That means there are three stockings for six people. Sadly, I know the fate of mine. At this time last winter, I found several Christmas decorations that had been gnawed by mice, including my red, plaid stocking from childhood. That leaves two missing stockings which have simply disappeared. Now, as most of you know, the loss of items in our house would not normally warrant a mention on the blog. You are aware of my belief in the invisible wandering vortex that randomly picks up items from my home and deposits them in other rooms, homes or even the odd parallel universe. It's a daily occurence. The difference is that my Christmas items actually get put away and live in a box for eleven months of the year. So, where did Jim and Jubal's stockings run away to? I am forced to conclude that, as relatives of my socks, these two have joined their smaller cousins, who have escaped the dryer and are now adventuring in the great unknown .......only the vortex knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States