Saturday, December 5, 2009

Build-A-Birthday



Atira turned 8 yesterday. I wasn't planning a big party this year so I wanted to do something special for her. I invited her friend Cara to join us in the morning and we headed down to the Build-A-Bear store in the Maine Mall. After surveying all the options, Atira decided on a pink, (is there any other color in her universe?), bear and used money from her Gramma and PopPop to buy the bear a fancy pink satin dress, sequined purse and, of course, matching pink shoes. This bear is ready for a night out on the town. Unfortunately it had to settle for lunch at Arby's. After dropping Cara home, Atira and I made strawberry cupcakes. The smell of them cooling attracted Jubal who was quite disappointed when he discovered it was cake he was smelling and not strawberry milk. Ever the artist, Atira decorated each cupcake individually, assigning one for each person attending her party. I think the effect was quite nice and they were a delicious end to a lovely birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States