Saturday, December 19, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons......




Or, more precisely, when the cashier hands you lemons after you've purchased them........you make lemonade, of course! Nolan, my resident chef, has been asking to make homemade lemonade lately, so yesterday we gave it a shot. In order to begin, we needed to find an easy recipe. When I said this to Tell, he asked, "Are you gonna fine it on the puter?" I answered in the affirmative, to which Tell responded, "Maybe you should try lemalade makin' dot com." Well, I didn't find one at that address, but Allrecipes.com had one that looked good. We don't have a juicer, so I soaked the lemons in hot water for ten minutes to soften them before squeezing. Jubal was proud to employ his teen muscles for the job and between all five of us, ten lemons were squeezed in ten minutes. Nolan dissolved the sugar in boiling water and when that was chilled we added all ingredients together and enjoyed some excellent lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States