Friday, December 11, 2009

Crash


I would have preferred to post a lovely blog describing a festive evening filled with laughter, joyful sounds of a family decorating the Christmas tree and the music of the season resounding throughout the house. Instead, Jim and I were in the midst of an argument and the kids got bored halfway through the decorating process and resorted to wrestling on the couch. The music portion of the evening began well with A Charlie Brown Christmas but when it was time to change the CD, Nolan was insistent on Manheim Steamroller but I had already decided on Bryan Duncan. Frustration set in, fueled by the lack of traditional eggnog. In the end, at least the tree was set up and decorated....or so I thought. In the peaceful quiet hours of the late night, as everyone was sleeping, I sat on the couch to enjoy the twinkling lights of the tree.....until it came crashing down, smashing several bulbs, including a Hawaiian one from Anth and Laura. Indeed, it was a fitting end to the evening.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. One of those days you wish you could have a do-over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice. The tree is still semi-propped up against the wall but other than that all is well again. The only lasting damage was the beautiful glass bulb from my brother and his wife. They should have known better......unbreakable metal works best in this house.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States