Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Watagans


I'm making this update into two separate posts because it's nearly impossible to nicely format more than two photos on here.


Jim and the boys took another trip into Cessnock to see Jim's best friend Eddie again. I received this photo of the two of them and instantly knew where it was taken. I had been brought to the very same cliff in Watagans National Park about 16 years ago and now it was the boys' turn to see where Jim had his big fall in '88. (Jim will correct me if I'm wrong on the year.) In his younger days, Jim was an avid rock climber. This rock face is the scene of a 66 foot fall that Jim survived, in part because of Eddie, who never panicked and "rally-carred ", as Jim would say, down the winding dirt road to get medical help. Jubal and Nolan have heard the story more than a few times. After seeing it in person, I believe they will have a deeper understanding of how miraculous God's protection was on that day.
After I wrote this, Jim posted this about the photo on Facebook:
"photo is at the location I fell off the cliff (66ft) over 20years ago. Eddie on the right was the man who saved my life by running down the mountian to a phone to get the westpack helicoptor to lift me out. The boys came up with us. We got infested with leeches all over feet and legs. Took hours for the bleeding to stop from them little suckers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States