Monday, February 9, 2009

Hilarious Irony

~6 days until the boys leave for Australia~
I'm testing the send via email feature of the blog...


I've been miserably sick for the past few days and really just wanted to stay at home this morning. However, my registration on the car was (unknowingly) due 6 months ago so out I went. The low fuel light has been on for a few days so I deemed it best to stop at the New Meadow Market first. I'm so glad I did. The Lord knew that a great dose of humor was exactly what I needed to start the day. As I placed myself back behind the steering wheel after filling up I saw a hilariously ironic sight. About 20 yards across the parking lot a man clad in sweatpants was leaning into the bed of his pickup truck with his entire backside exposed. This was not just the typical working man crack problem, but a full moon. I observed this scene in quiet puzzlement. How does one not know that his pants are half down in February? Then the laughter came full force. As he hopped back into the cab of the truck I noticed the signing on the door: FIRST CLASS CONSTRUCTION No joke.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure the truck didn't say Gilbert Tile...?? Heeheehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite sure. Jim ALWAYS wears a belt. He is well aware of the high rate of crack incidents in the trade industry and has no interest in becoming a statistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROLF.....Not ONLY February. Let's get this in full context, Rachelle. He was apparently unaware of the exposure of his derrière to the frigid February ice-cold MAINE air! LOL Depending upon your location, utilizing February air as a means to determine whether all vital parts are covered, may or may not be the most effective approach... but in Maine, you'd think it would be a safe bet! Apparently not. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I visit. Too funny. Thanks for sharing it.

    BTW, I pray for safe travel and a wonderful, God blessed visit for your boys heading to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's about the funniest true story I've ever heard. Only in Maine where many of the guys are SO classy!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States