Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kitchen Comments


"Yes, but are they edible?" was Chad's slightly sarcastic comment to my Facebook status announcing that I was baking cookies. Clearly, he knows my lack of kitchen prowess. This cookie recipe, however, does not suffer in my hands, like most. I discovered it on the back of an Andes mint pieces bag. I made a batch to send to my friend Andy for his birthday and he agreed with my assessment that they are indeed, "nicely edible". I highly recommend the recipe, although I add 1/4 cup milk to it before I refrigerate. I found the dough too dry the first time I baked them.
While making this particular batch today, I turned around to see 3 year old Tell pulling the last fork out of the silverware drawer. He had about eight in each hand, looking a bit like Edward Scissorhands. "Um. Excuse me. Where do you think you're going with all my forks?" He put on his most innocent face and said, "I jis take dem". "Tell, What are going to do with them?", I asked again. "But, (He starts every sentence with "but") Because, I play peoples wiff them." He then proceeded to carry them to the table and before long all the forks were engaged in very lively conversation with one another, and I was back to pulling delicious baked goods out of my oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States