Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Useful Kitchen Tools

After slipping on our ice covered stone walkway and meeting the ground with my elbow and backside, I drove to the Bath Post Office to mail a Christmas package and encountered a large basket full of homemade cookies that one of our older postal workers, Steve, had baked for the customers to enjoy. They were very good and I told him so. He thanked me, saying he had made over 200 hundred of them! He then proceeded to suggest that if I used a Flat Rate box to send my gifts that I could save a couple dollars. Try getting that kind of service in the city.
Upon returning home, I saw that Ben Leeman had dropped off my Pampered Chef order from Carly's party. Nolan was glad to see that we finally had a funnel to make his eggnog job easier. Tell, decided however, not to limit the silicon funnel's use to the "predictable". He attached it to the end of my baster and invented the Air Suckinator. When he tried to remove the funnel he discovered it wouldn't budge and we renamed his invention, the Stuckinator. With the funnel gone, the baster became a giant dropper used for creating a new drink. Tell brought me a paper and pencil to write down his secret ingredients:

----Tell's recipe for a drink that hasn't been invented----
• water
• Cheezit crumbs
• ice

As he completed his concoction, I was asked to try a sip. Before I could even answer, as if he knew what my objection would be, he assured me, "It tastes good. You can't even taste the cheese in it!" I politely declined.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States