Thursday, December 29, 2011

Today's Best of the Boys

Jim: "We don't have any more light bulbs, do we?"

Me: "I'm pretty sure we have some in the storage drawers in the new laundry room." (I call it this optimistically. At the moment it's still a storage room.)

Jim: (calling from downstairs in the furnace room which doubles as the current laundry room) "I don't see any down here."

Me: "...no, Jim...the NEW laundry room. You know, the 'to be at some point in our lives laundry room'."

Jubal:
"That should be on a plaque somewhere."
••••••••

I love being the mom of boys. They're so easy. Around noon Nolan and I were headed out to the car. I was going to drop him off at Ryan Morrill's to spend the night and noticed he had no bag with him. "You should probably bring some clean clothes for tomorrow. Underwear, at least, might be nice." He replied in the affirmative and ran into the house. I waited, expecting him to emerge with his duffle bag but when the door opened I realized he had taken my suggestion at face value and had only grabbed a solitary pair of underwear which he was putting into his pants pocket while running out to the van. He will most likely forget they even exist tomorrow morning and I will find them when I check his pockets for washing.
••••••••••••

Tell: (after creating "episodes",
playing with his wooden Thomas trains ) "Mom, can I watch somethin' on Netflixth? I'm gettin' really tired of doin' all thith brain thtuff."



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States