Friday, December 23, 2011

Use My Dollar

Before heading to Hometown Buffet to meet the Buxton Crowd of 27 for supper, we spent several minutes searching for Jim's wallet. During this time Tell, seated in the van, held his own dollar bill tightly in his hand while trying to gain Jim's attention, saying several times, "Dad, it's ok if you don't find your wallet. I can pay for us. See? I have my dollar. We can use my money." When the wallet was inevitably found (in the van of course) and Jim was steering us down the driveway, Tell was still insisting that he use his dollar toward the meal. Since I had coupons and he and Atira would eat for free, I suggested that he use his dollar as a tip at his kids' table to go along with the others on the grown-up table. After explaining what a tip was, Tell thought this was a very good idea.



It was so cute to see him put the dollar bill on his table and extra nice that our waitress was our former neighbor, Michele, who gave us great service.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States