Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Slow Start, Illuminated End

Jubal has vacation until after the new year so I set no alarm this morning. As Jim left for the gym a bit after 6:30, my eyes momentarily fluttered opened and then darkness closed in again as I slept through the 8:15 text asking if I wanted coffee. Despite not answering, a cup arrived at my bedside at 8:30.



I vaguely remember the words "coffee" and "heading to work" and a kiss. I'm pretty sure I mumbled a thank you and suddenly, it's 10:30. How did that happen? With a third of my day already wasted, I started on a few tasks, big and small that I planned to accomplish this week. One of these was to dust in our bedroom. I could tell you how badly it needed to be done, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.



After a bit of Christmas shopping and wrapping in the afternoon, the end of the day saw another "to do" knocked off my list: We finally decorated the tree! We had planned to do it last Thursday. On that day, Nolan made a batch of eggnog for us with colored eggs from the Hodgdon's chickens.



I blogged about it and then wasn't able to publish it. (that's a whole other frustrating story) Eggnog doesn't hang around our house too long so Nolan made another batch for tonight as we hung our ornaments. Atira topped off our creative masterpiece with the star I bought for our very first tree....



as usual it looks lovely....


Now it feels like Christmas.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States