Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blueberry Cheesecake Birthday






We had Jim's 42nd birthday party this evening. Atira hand decorated the balloons and with Tell's help putting in the "greedients", I made a homemade blueberry cheesecake for the occasion. It was particularly scrumpcious and garnished much praise from the family. Jim also gave me his own original brand of complement:
"Wow. Rachelle, this is REALLY good. It's been a long time since you've made anything this delicious."
I've just learned to shake my head and take the platitude....Thank you, Jim.
Jim's parents said that he digs himself into a hole so often that when it's time to travel back to Australia, all they'll have to do is find the hole and jump in!

2 comments:

  1. Your cheesecake looks delicious too! Will you make me one? Or save me a piece? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Australian, which means there's some Britt in him, and he probably doesn't realize he's being rude. I once had a drum student's father ask me if I were good enough to teach his son--which I found a little "iffy" since I'm I pro and his son was a sophomore in high school at the time. I was pretty sure I had the goods to teach his kid something, at least. When his dad left, the student apologized for him. "After all," he said "he's British."

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States