Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Visitor


Jim's mom switched on the light in our bathroom and was surprised by this baby snake, which she at first thought was a worm until noticing the head. I could not figure out how a snake could get into an upstairs bathroom, then I realized it must have been in the duffle bag of clothes from camping last weekend, which was still laying on the floor. There is a moral in this story, pertaining to how quickly one should do laundry after an event, but I'm just going to ignore it. Needless to say, Lyn was a bit taken aback and Jim's dad quickly came to the rescue. He captured the wriggler and we put it in an empty fishbowl and then proceeded to identify it. It is a Northern Ring-Neck and after some prompting from the kids I decided I would release it into the wild instead of killing it. I made them take it about a mile and a half up the road however. I don't want it in my yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States