Thursday, September 9, 2010

Words from Atira



As we pulled into the parking lot of Jubal's soccer field, Atira wanted to make sure that her brother was properly equipped for his first game. Knowing that a mouthguard was required, she inquired, "Mom, does Jubal have his cigar?" Clearly I need to make sure I enunciate my speech a bit better.

This morning we were discussing the Anasazi and their choice of home-building materials. "So they made their houses out of dirt and dust?" I answered that this was basically true. "They must have had a lot of allergies!"

I ascended the stairs last evening after the last minute purchase of Jubal's cigar (I mean mouth guard). Reaching the top, I was greeted by Atira who informed me that I smelled like old flowers. I'm not sure what odor that is exactly but I suspect it's not pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States