Monday, August 10, 2009

Rachelle runs to Dunkin'

On Saturday, we spent a few hours at Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. My cousin Bryan and his family were up visiting from PA and had invited family and friends to come and visit them for the afternoon. I dropped off the rest of our family and went in search of parking. Finding a spot took two swings through each of the three lots. We found out later that there was a wedding and a wake happening simultaneously. It took a while but I finally found one. It was, of course, in the last row of the furthest lot away from where our group was set up and required me to walk about a quarter mile. Passing by the lawn that always has kites flying, I saw a most unusual one. It was a large, scuba diver and the kite's fluid motions realistically simulated a person swimming through the ocean. Once I arrived at our party's location, we had an enjoyable time catching up with not only them, but also my Uncle Frank from D.C. and Maine family and friends.

While stopping to get an ice cream on the way home, I realized that I had lost my debit card. After dropping off Jubal for paintball that morning, I had stopped to get coffee at Dunkin' Donuts and was quite sure that was where I had left my card. I called but no one could verify that the card was there until this morning when the manager came back in, so I left my name and number. At 11:06 the call came that my card was indeed there but the manager would only be in the store until noon. I quickly got dressed (hey, it's summer....) but could not find my sandals. I saw what I thought were Jubal's on the floor and put them on. They were a bit snug but workable. I later found out that they were Nolan's. When did my boys get so big?!

Arriving at DD, I waited in line while one employee chatted on her cell phone. I then picked up my card from a girl with multiple studs in her face who never bothered to check my ID. (I'll save my opinion of this generation's work ethic for another day.) As I drove toward the parking lot exit, someone who was parked next to a car vacuum decided to open his door without looking first and only my sharp swerve avoided taking out the man and his car door! ......and darn it all, I forgot to get some coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Why do I have the suspicion that the last part about the guy safely parked by the vacuum isn't quite the way it happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Andrew, what are you saying about my driving? (shhh..keep your suspicions to yourself.)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States