Friday, August 28, 2009

August 27

Another birthday has come and gone. Jim took me out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate, so today was relatively uneventful, just a small party with the family including Mom and Dad (and Nate Fisher, who seems to spend half his life here). Mom made my traditional and favorite blueberry cake with brown sugar crumb topping. Jim impressed me this morning by being the first to remember that it was my honorary day. I believe that was the first time ever....not that I hold it against him. He just doesn't remember special occasions, ever. He has many other redeeming qualities so I let that one slide. I had a sweet rendition of "Happy Birthday, Auntie Ro", sung by my nephew Nicholas, waiting for me on the answering machine and many, many birthday wishes given to me all through the day by those closest to my heart. I am blessed and very thankful for this life my Creator has given to me. Who knows what this year will bring? Let it begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States