Friday, April 24, 2009

Small Worlds

I was sitting at the Cook's Corner light late yesterday afternoon on my way to the bank, when I received a phone call. "Where are you coming from?" the voice said. It was Jim, and he was right behind me in traffic! He was heading home and followed me until our paths diverged at the New Meadows exit. We were still chatting a minute later when he began laughing. He was almost home and was now driving behind his old truck that he sold a couple months ago. I wonder how often we pass acquaintances without ever knowing?

Last night Mom and Dad came over to the house to play a game with us. We've recently discovered the "world" of Cattan. Risk was once the strategy game of choice in the family but Settler's of Cattan has taken it's place. The main upside is that unlike Risk, all players stay in the game until the end. Kids included, we are all officially addicted.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking around for other homeschooling mamas and thought I'd say hi!

    I keep hearing about this game recently! We will have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States