Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Showers



The constant rain all day made for difficult hiking on the Appalachian Trail yesterday. It did not affect morale however. Though their clothing was soggy and damp, their spirits were not. They spent the night in a shelter along the trail, much better than trying to set up rain-soaked tents. Jim said that Jubal has surprised him with his endurance. (Photos: Jubal on left, Greg and Emily Hodgdon on right)

On the homefront, something completely unrelated:
A couple Sundays ago I went to a baby shower for my cousin Josh's wife, Meghan. I spent a few minutes trying to explain to Tell (3) where I was going. I'm pretty sure he didn't understand because when I mentioned in passing to the kids yesterday that I was going to have a shower, Tell piped up with, "A baby sower?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States