Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hitting the Trail



It's nearly dark as I'm writing this. Jim and Jubal stopped to set up camp about an hour and a half ago. They are on a portion of the Appalachian Trail just NW of Allentown, PA so Jim has still has use of iPhone technology.....(yes, the mistress made the trip and I didn't.) He sent me a pinpoint of their campsite location when they stopped. It was a short hike today....about 2.5 miles. They spent most of the day traveling down. (One photo is during the prep to begin the trek. Jubal is in shorts leaning next to the van with his friends, Matt Brown and Nate Fisher. The other photo is during the trail ascent.) Apparently they put Jim in the lead to start. "Aren't you a rookie?" I texted. "Remember I grew up in the bush." he wrote back.

How could I forget? There are quite a few stories, and I've heard them all.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States