Friday, September 25, 2015

Pie Wife

I've always told my family that they haven't REALLY had the full experience of watching The Princess Bride until they've seen it with me and my best friend from high school, Beth. During our years of teenage angst, this movie was a staple, I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? If you desired to be driven insane with the dialogue of every scene quoted to you in stereo right along with the actors, we were your pair. THIS was the experience I wanted to give my family and so I took the opportunity of Jubal's leave to make it happen.

I have a few meals that I can make that rank higher than edible on the taste scale. This was a special occasion, so I provided one, Ziti and meatballs. After supper we all settled in the living room for the main feature. Beth had brought her dog, Sookie, and Tell made sure to squeeze in beside me and the good-natured canine. I know he misses having a dog around since Aunt Suci's Romi died.
It was such a fun night and my prediction that we would drive my family up the Cliffs of Insanity with our quoting was spot on.

Only slightly better than watching Inigo find the six-fingered man was the enjoyment of eating Beth's Key Lime Pie during our intermission. Her cooking skills have come a long way from the days when we set fire to her mother's oven. It was so perky. I love that.



After tasting the delicious dessert, Jim asked Beth if she would be his pie wife. As most of you know, in Jim's world this is a completely natural question. Beth is a good sport who did not completely decline the offer, so I see more movie nights with Beth and more pies in Jim's future. If only he could find a cleaning wife as well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States