Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bookending the Week With Airports

Last weekend our exciting event was at the Brunswick Executive Airport, which everyone around here still calls "the base". We attended the Great State of Maine Airshow, checking out many types of aircraft before the actual performances, including a huge military cargo plane capable of carrying tanks and helicopters that opened from either end.








The Coast Guard out of Cape Cod had one of its helicopters available for people to get up close and personal with.











We ran into several people that we knew, including a favorite of mine, Nancy Seeley, who was only two people ahead of me in the pizza line. What are the chances of that?

Jim spotted the Marine booth where they were giving away items in exchange for pull-ups. To the surprise of many (but not me) the "old man" did 15 and earned a small backpack.




About noon we settled down with our food to enjoy the show.





A variety of performers ran the spectrum from the very modern F-22 to some WWII era planes, at one point flying together.




There were also some aerial acrobatic acts ranging from "sky dancing" with Ave Maria playing to landing on a moving vehicle.








The finale was the performance of the United States Navy's Blue Angels.










It was a good weekend.
This weekend at Logan Airport in Boston was better though. Jubal arrived from Hawaii for a week of predeployment leave. I'll take that over an airshow any day.









Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those last couple of pics! So glad Jubal got to visit!
    When I read how the Marine's booth had gifts in exchange for "pull-ups," my mind went to the other kind of "pull-ups," but I thankfully figured it out before I went any further in my head about Jim having them to exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States