Friday, December 14, 2012

It's Up!

Getting the Christmas tree up was a twofold process this year. We didn't have the amount of time in one night to find, put up and decorate the tree so we split it up. The family picked the tree out and with Nolan's help, hauled it home on Wednesday,


saving the decorating for tonight. The ornaments went on one by one, interrupted once or twice by a wrestling match or a bulb breaking.








It occurred to me tonight that, as the kids have gotten older, there were several jobs that no longer required Jim or myself. Except for the very top, Atira took Jim's place helping me drape the lights around the branches and Jubal stepped into Jim's shoes to trim the top of the tree for the star.


Even Tell took my job of taking a photo. When the tree was finished, he asked for the camera, and captured the moment, stating "Now I can always remember my tree."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States