Sunday, December 16, 2012

Full and Open Houses

Many years and friends that have moved away ago, Bud and Genia Anderson used to have a party to celebrate the completion of their elaborate Christmas village. Atira and Tell weren't even around then and the older boys were too young to remember these events or the huge display, so I was happy to receive the Anderson's Village Open House invitation. I wasn't sure if I had the time right when I arrived because only Bud was home and no one else was there yet. Arriving first is a disconcerting experience for me. We brought along Atira's friend Erin, who became the "mayor" of the village. With a finger touch to one of the giant trees, the village lit up. To show me he wasn't "just another pretty face", Bud showed me his homemade peppermint candy serving tray.....Impressive and easy.


Soon after, Genia and Jen arrived and then the flow of friends began, including Peg


and Steve McConnell as well as the Foremans.
Inevitably when talk of the village starts, we remember the year that Bud put tiny hay bales into the Triscuits dish to see who would try to eat one.


Is anyone surprised that it was Jim! Bud also recalled that toddler Jubal walked up and kicked him for no reason at one of the parties. That, I did not remember.


We left Tell to hang with Ben and Zac Foreman at the Open House and headed home to prepare for Atira's belated Birthday party. She and Erin decorated the cupcakes and then when Cara arrived, the girls arranged them in the form of a heart. It was a very pretty cake, party and birthday girl.









1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss those Anderson Christmas parties! Sure wish I could've been there this year... you know, if I would've been invited. :) And, wow! Who knew Bud was so talented!!! A pretty face and talent too! :) Thank you for sharing some pics of the party.

    P.S. I can't believe how old those girls are getting!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States