Friday, December 14, 2012

Insert Foot


After Coastal Christian's annual school Christmas program, Jubal and I scooted over to Moody's with Don, Nate and the Hodgdons. As expected, when spending time with this crowd, fun and foolishness reigned and turning your back for a moment means you will find either your utensil licked or a crumpled straw paper in your ice water.
 On this particular evening, however, I should have kept a closer watch on myself. While opening my mouth to savor some strawberry-rhubarb pie, I also managed to insert my stubby foot. In an attempt to convey my admiration for my dear friend Deb Fisher, the words, "It would be an honor to be called 'Mrs. Fisher'." escaped my lips.

BAD, BAD, BAD choice of words.....Needless to say I spent a few seconds hiding behind my menu.
Then, of course, the next few seconds found Don on his iPhone posting to Facebook.

Curse you, instant communication!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States